OUR SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
Crisscross aims at using the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development as a framework to align, measure, and explain its actions.
Our Sustainability Policy focuses on the following aspects:
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Innovation and Sustainable Local Economic Growth
- Responsible Consumption and Reduction of Environmental Impact
GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
(GLOBAL GOAL 3)
We commit us to:
- Increase guests' well-being during our trips with authentic food and nature experiences.
- Take care of the safety of guests during trips. Our vehicle is equipped with all legal and neccessary measures for safety. We provide seasonal safety gear to our guests.
- Educate our guides on safety issues and encourage our collaborators to take into consideration safety and well-being of our guests. Our guides are trained to act accordingly to accidents that may occur.
- Provide only food that is produced in licenced kitchens according to Icelandic health and safety requirements.
- To act responsibly in the case of incidents reported by our guests or employers regarding health and safety. When necessary, the impact of issues concerning aggression and violence (physical/mental/sexual assault) will be dealt with the help of independent professionals.
INNOVATION AND SUSTAINABLE LOCAL ECONOMIC GROWTH
(GLOBAL GOALS 8 & 9)
We commit us to
- Develop tours in collaboration with local people in order to increase sustained added economic value in underutilized regions.
- Promote local culture and work towards more secure and cohesive employment locally.
- Pay employers and suppliers fairly in confirmity with regulations, without fraud and cheating.
RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTIONS AND REDUCTION OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
(GLOBAL GOALS 12 & 13)
We commit us to
- Purchase food from local small-scale food producers whenever possible, both to support the local community and to minimise transport.
- Promote circular economy. Recycle waste, use reusable utensils, avoid single-use plastic containers, and encourage guests to drink tap water from reusable bottles.
- Respect nature and never leave any waste behind.
- Make sure our movements and activity is in harmony with the protection of biodiversity and the impact on habitats in protected areas.
- Update our vehicle regularly based on best-practice solutions to reduce CO2 emissions and use of fossil fuel. Our aim is to include a suitable electric vehicle in the near future.
- Measure and offset carbon footprints caused by our activities.
PARTNERSHIP FOR SUSTAINABILITY GOALS
(GLOBAL GOAL 17)
In order to make difference we believe we should:
- Encourage each other to take the step towards increased sustainability.
- Require participation of our suppliers to take the step towards increased sustainability.
- Be an inspiration to our stakeholders.
- Measure how we are doing.
- Make sustainability, environmental awareness, and nature protection a fundamental part of our visitors´ experience.